Old fashioned lolly shop dinner
So this is a dinner party that I can honest say I've been thinking about for a long while. In fact, I even dreamed about it. And while I wish I could have laid on the dream location I had in mind, the dinner itself was close enough!
The thought was to plan a whole dinner around a Lolly shop theme. The kind of lolly shop I remembered as a kid. I know from seeing him talk at his live show that Heston Blumenthal similarly reminisced about lolly shops from his childhood, so this dinner seemed appropriate for a pseudo-homage.
Pre dinner drink:
- Mini Brandy Alexander. (Okay largely because they are my favourite cocktail.. but they are kind of spiced-chocolate flavour, so suitably on-theme!)
- Not-Sea-Bass with Vanilla Butter
- Roast venison with chocolate sauce and beetroot puree
- Glazed Carrots
- Potato Rosti
Lolly Shop Tasting Plate:
- Strawberry sherbet and liquorice
- Musk Lolly Ice-cream
- Vanilla-Malteser Ice-cream balls
- Apple Pie Caramels
- Rosewater Marshmallows
- Hot Chocolate